If you are in Winnipeg and were recently charged with a drug related offence, you need a knowledgeable lawyer to prepare your defence.
The punishments for anyone that contravenes the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act, are severe:
- A charge of possession of a Schedule 1 Substance is punishable by imprisonment for a term not exceeding 7 years, and first-time offenders can be fined up to $1,000, imprisoned for a term not exceeding 6 months, or both. Upon being convicted of a subsequent offence, a person can be fined up to $2,000, imprisoned for a term not exceeding 1 year, or both.
- A charge of trafficking in a scheduled substance or possession of a scheduled substance for the purpose of trafficking can result in minimum periods of imprisonment of one or two years if certain pre-conditions are met.
You Will Require a Drug Defence Lawyer
Bueti Wasyliw Wiebe has the legal defence team prepared to defend your name and your rights when you have been accused of any of the following drug crimes:
- Drug possession
- Cultivating drugs, drug manufacturing, and production charges (marijuana grow-ops, meth labs, etc.)
- Possession for the purpose of trafficking
- Cross-border importation of drugs
Trust Our Experienced Best Drug Defense Lawyer
Our lawyers at Bueti Wasyliw Wiebe have defended Winnipeg-area clients charged with illegally possessing such substances as marijuana, cocaine, ecstasy, methamphetamines, heroin, oxycontin, pain killers, and illegal prescription drugs. If you have been imposed with these charges then you are punished with Controlled Drugs and Substances Act in Canada which are charges of custody. We can help you deal with your drug possession and drug trafficking charges.
Fight Your Drug Possession and Drug Trafficking Charges
If someone charged with Drug Possession and Drug Trafficking Charges in Winnipeg and around its various areas. Winnipeg Criminal Lawyers Company provides you best and experienced lawyers who will investigate your case significantly and shielding you from all these charges.The Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms says that you are innocent until proven guilty—and we’ll do our best to make sure that that doesn’t happen. Contact us today.
Contact Us Today
Located in Winnipeg, Bueti Wasyliw Wiebe serves criminal cases throughout all of Manitoba. Call us today at (204) 808-7830 to setup your initial consultation.